The Locust Grove Chamber of Commerce will host its banquet on Thursday, April 11, beginning at 6:30 p.m., at the LG Upper Elementary. Keynote speaker will be Rep. Ben Sherrer and a special Veteran's program is being planned. Admission is free, and all citizens are invited. Special awards will be presented including a President's Award for Ambassador of the Year and Citizen of the Year along with many other honored guests.
Founders Day will be May 11. The theme of this year's Founders Day is Looking Back - Moving Forward. The parade will begin at 4:30 p.m. Pre-registration is encouraged. Further details will follow.
In preparation of 2013 Founder’s Day, the chamber is seeking volunteers from organizations such as churches, civic and school groups to help in the Main Street Beautification Project. Clean-up days are scheduled for April 6th and April 20th. Volunteers will meet in the empty lot west of Locust Grove Family Physicians. If interested in volunteering, please contact Wayne Perrego at (918) 314-4353 or Jennifer Henson at (918) 530-1902.
The LG Ministerial Alliance is sponsoring a Kids Against Hunger Food Preparation Day on April 13 and challenging all citizens to contribute to the event. Details are availabe by contacting the LG Methodist Church.
- Give the gift of warmth at Lincoln's Christmas Extravaganza
- Remember the Removal Bike Ride applications open
- ‘Miracle on Main Street’ coming to Pryor
- Christmas celebration comes to Pryor
- Urgent need for November bell ringers at Walmart
- Victorian Christmas in Tahlequah
- Pryor fireworks permit
- History Center plans genealogy event
- Free admission on Father’s Day
- Get rid of unused drugs Saturday
- More Calendar Headlines