CHOUTEAU, OK —
The “Sewing Seeds of Hope” quilt show is May 10 and 11 at Locust Grove United Methodist Church. The annual event is sponsored by the United Methodist Women and Home Community Education Club. The proceeds go to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Research Foundation as a part of the group’s community service projects.
There are several divisions with an entry fee of $10 per quilt. Quilts must be brought to the Methodist Church May 9 between 2 p.m. and 7 p.m. Ribbons will be awarded for first through third place.
The quilter’s challenge theme is “painting the town red” with prizes awarded through third place. Quilt size is 42 inches by 60 inches with popular vote determining winners.
There will be a silent auction of gift bags and gift baskets. Canned food donations will be taken for the local food pantry.
The HCE scholarship quilt which provides scholarships for Mayes County students will be on display with tickets$1 each or six for $5.
Area quilt shop “Keeping You In Stitches” will set up with supplies and fabric.
Pulled pork sandwiches will be available for lunch both days at a cost of $6. These proceeds will be used to the Angel Tree Project.
Admission is free.
CHOUTEAU, OK —
- Give the gift of warmth at Lincoln's Christmas Extravaganza
- Remember the Removal Bike Ride applications open
- ‘Miracle on Main Street’ coming to Pryor
- Christmas celebration comes to Pryor
- Urgent need for November bell ringers at Walmart
- Victorian Christmas in Tahlequah
- Pryor fireworks permit
- History Center plans genealogy event
- Free admission on Father’s Day
- Get rid of unused drugs Saturday
- More Calendar Headlines