The Pryor Times

November 29, 2012

Fire sends one to hospital

Staff Writer
Ted King

Mazie — There was a trailer fire three miles east of Mazie on S. 433 Road Monday night.

Chouteau and Flat Rock Fire Departments responded at 11:18 p.m. Chouteau Fire Chief Ted Key said the fire, which appeared to be electrical, would have been much worse if not for a 10-pound fire extinguisher in the trailer.

“That helped stabilize the fire some until we could get there,” Key said.

There were four people in the trailer at the time of the fire. Firefighters helped two people out of the burning home.

One person was taken by MESTA ambulance to the hospital in Wagoner to be treated for smoke inhalation.

The Red Cross of Mayes and Rogers County assisted the other fire victims by providing motel rooms and food.