The fire department responded to 22 first responder runs and 33 fire runs in December. The 33 fire runs include 10 motor vehicle accidents, three structure fires, three Hazmat calls, 12 grass/tree fires and five downed power lines.
In other business:
• The board accepted
the resignation of
Gloria Barrett, Town Clerk/Treasurer. She had to leave unexpectedly to take care of a grandchild. The board is looking for
recommendations for a replacement.
• The board approved sending Cherry Dry to the Oklahoma Municipal League workshop in Oklahoma City on Jan. 25. The town offices will be closed to allow her to attend.
• The board re-appointed Odie Butler to be the town’s representative to the Grand Gateway Board of Directors.
• The board approved a budget amendment, increasing finance personnel account by $5,000, court personnel account by $5,000 and court other outlays by $8,000. In a special meeting held earlier, the board approved hiring Connie Baker as Deputy Court Clerk and Nancy Suda as Court Clerk. The budget amendment will cover the salary changes and purchasing equipment and furniture for the court department.
• The board approved a one-day training course with Kellpro for $690.
• The board approved purchasing a computer for a second computer station in the court department from STS Systems for $978.95.
• The board approved paying Red Bud Supply $506.96 for 20 sign posts for the street department.
• The board approved purchasing a computer from Ages Computers for the civil emergency management director for $1,147.
• A new copier lease with Xerox Copier was approved for the police department. Shrum explained the department pays $162 per month now. The new copier will also replace a scanner/copier in the office, so the department will save money on not having to replace the ink cartridge. The cost for the new copier is $229 per month, which amounts to an $800 per year difference in price.
• Four handheld radios were purchased for $3,261.24 from Muskogee Communications. The new radios will replace radios that were damaged.