One person was killed in a two-vehicle collision Saturday morning on the Mayes and Rogers County line. The collision took place at the intersection of south 4250 Road and west 590 Road.
Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers say William Cooper, 33, was southbound on 4250 Road in a Nissan Altima at 7:20 a.m. and failed to stop at the stop sign. The second vehicle, a pickup driven by Inola resident Anthony Rumore, westbound on 590 Road tried to avoid the car, but hit the Nissan on the driver's side door.
Cooper, a Claremore resident, was pronounced dead at the scene. Rumore was uninjured. There were no passengers in either vehicle.
Troopers say both men were wearing seat belts.
Inola and Chouteau Fire Departments assisted Oklahoma Highway Patrol troopers at the scene, as did the Mayes County Sheriff's Office and Chouteau Police Department.
- Local News
- A veteran remembers
- In your neighborhood: Sioux Greninger
- Christmas need: Angel Tree numbers skyrocket
- Local store busted for synthetic marijuana distribution
- Town of Adair hires reserve officers
- Be prepared for winter weather
- Concealed carry class Saturday
- Despite the fight, Black Friday better than expected
- 911 Center becomes independent
- Teen charged with manslaughter
- More Local News Headlines