PRYOR, OK —
The fire was extinguished within five minutes of the fire departments arrival, according to Aaron Woods of Dupont.
Pryor and Chouteau Fire Departments responded to a structure fire Monday afternoon at Dupont in MidAmerica Industrial Park.
“The fire originated at the dryer, but the unit was not impacted,” Woods explained. “There was some damage, mostly smoke-related.”
He said the plant is in the process of replacing bags used to move product, for hygeine purposes, as Dupont manufactures protein food sources.
“We are being diligent to make sure everything is replaced and disinfected. There is no risk of contamination,” said Woods.
He said the plant greatly appreciates the fire departments that responded.
“We work with the fire department on an ongoing basis for drills and that sort of thing. We have a good relationship with them and they have a full understanding of our facility, which proved to be very valuable,” said Woods. “The fire was extingushed within minutes of their arrival which is indicative of their excellent work.”
Woods said there are a few Dupont employees that are volunteer firefighters and their efforts are “greatly appreciated as well.”
Woods was glad to report there were no injuries as result of the fire and the siutation did not prove to be any danger to surrounding plants.