The Mayes County commissioners were presented with an energy saving plan at their April 2 meeting.
John Stinchcomb presented the commissioners with a plan for a device he said would save the county a guaranteed 8 percent on energy usage. Stinchcomb told commissioners they had the possibility of saving up to 12 percent on energy. Stinchcomb said the savings could be up to $1,364 a month.
Commissioners decided to table any decisions until the next meeting.
In other business, the commissioners:
• Approved the independent contractor agreement to repair water damage on the second floor of the Mayes County Courthouse.
• Approved Circuit Engineering District One Material request form for N433, Bridge #43.
• Approved appropriation of T County Highway Funds. $71,796.15 went to District 1 and $71,695 went to both Districts 2 and 3.
• Approved appropriation of cash accounts.
• Approved consideration of claims for payment.
• Approved request for blanket purchase orders.
At the April 9 meeting the energy saving plan was denied.