Pryor City Council heard from Steve A. Powell, PE Branch Manager Mehlburger Brawley and Jared Crisp, PE CFM Associate of Walter P. Moore, about which streets will be repaired in the upcoming streets bond projects. Powell and Crisp were authorized to start seeking bids on the project with alternative streets depending on the costs of the bids.
Crisp and Powell told council members they are hoping to begin construction on the roads in early March. When asked why they were waiting to start the construction, Powell told the council it could take a few months to get through the bid process and it is hard to start asphalt work in the winter.
In other business, the council:
• Approved allowing Dale Ragains to have a fireworks display Nov. 3 at the Mayes County Fairgrounds for the student council.
• Approved a request of the Church of the Nazarene to close SE Second Street from Rowe Street to Coo-Y-Yah Street on Oct. 28 from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. and Oct. 31 from 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
• Approved the minutes of the Oct. 2 council meeting
• Approved payroll purchase orders through Oct. 26.
• Approved claims for purchase orders through Oct. 16.
• Acknowledged the receipt of any deficient purchase orders.
• Approved an agreement for Funding and Provision of Services and an expenditure of $17,000 to Grand Gateway Economic Development.
• Approved a purchase of service agreement with Grand Gateway Economic Development Association.
• Approved having the city attorney draft an ordinance to set a fee for wild, exotic or dangerous animals in the city limits.
• Approved seeking bids for demolition of a city building located at 100 North Rowe.
• Approved tabling the adoption of the new City of Pryor Creek Policy and Procedure manual until the next meeting allowing department heads who hadn’t seen the document the chance to look it over and bring up issues with the document at the next meeting.
• Approved the expenditure of $2,000 for the purchase of a genealogy database Fold 3 Plus that includes Dawes Role’ for the library from donations.
• Approved seeking bids for replacement of four storm sirens from capital outlay.
• Approved the job description for the position of building inspector.
• Approved seeking applications for the position of building inspector.
• Approved accepting the resignation of Dusty Hopper from the cemetery department effective Oct. 12.
• Approved seeking applications for the cemetery department to fill the vacant position created by the resignation of Dusty Hopper.
• Approved the expenditure of $10,907.76 to Ages Computers for the purchase of two laptops, 3-year warranty, two docking stations, two Panasonic multi-drive (CD-ROM/CD-RW/DVD-ROM/DVD-RW) and two 2013 Ford Taurus vehicle computer mounts for the police department.
• Approved hiring Bob Mullin to fill the vacant street department position as B Operator, Range C, Step 1 (annual wage $25,568).
• Approved hiring Travis Pathkiller to fill the vacant street department position as Laborer, Range A, Step 1 (annual wage $22,716).
• Approved hiring Courtney Richardson to fill the vacant recreation center position as Staff Support, Range A, Step 1 (annual wage $22,716).
• Approved hiring Lisa Malone to fill the vacant city clerk position as deputy clerk, Range D, Step 1 (annual wage $26,978).
• Approved the authorization of the mayor, at his discretion, to submit demand for interest arbitration for collective bargaining agreement with the F.O.P. Lodge 116 for the 2012-2013 contract year at such time as the mayor deems appropriate and to select the interest arbitrator for the city.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Pryor City Council is 6 p.m. Nov. 6 at Pryor City Hall.