Pryor City Council awarded the contract for the new Pryor City Hall Bid Package 7 Roofing project to CPR of Tulsa for $87,500 at the meeting Tuesday. The original bid price was $48,000, but the project had to be rebid when changes had to be made to the project.
Chris Ball of CMS Willowbrook also told the council the city hall project had some unforseen costs, but that is why contingencies are built into the costs. He said they had hit the basement of the old hospital a few times and had found some big steel tubs. He said the project is on schedule and the completion schedule is set for Aug. 8.
In other business, the council;
• Approved appointing Jeremy Cantrell to School Resource Officer for the City of Pryor and Pryor Public Schools.
• Tabledacting on a resolution calling for a general election for 2013.
• Approved the minutes of the Oct. 16 council meeting. Councilman Travis Noland abstained from the motion.
• Approved payroll purchase orders through Nov. 9.
• Approved claims for purchase orders through Nov. 6.
• Acknowledged the receipt of deficient purchase orders.
• Approved an agreement for funding and provision of services with the Pryor Youth Organization in the amount of $2,000.
• Approved an agreement for funding and provision of services with the Sertoma Senior Citizen’s Program in the amount of $5,000.
• Approved an agreement for funding and provision services with the Pryor Area Chamber of Commerce in the amount of $2,500.
Approved an agreement for fudning and provision of services with the Senior Citizen’s Nutrition Center in the amount of $7,500.
• Approved waiving the deposit and rental fee for the Community Hall for the Pryor Area Arts and Humanity Council for the 25th Annual 2013 Northeast Oklahoma Area Artists Show for Sept. 27 through Oct. 5, 2013.
• Approved the expenditure of $10,000 to Green Country Surveying for the street bond project in Ward three.
• Approved the expenditure of $6,500 to green Country Surveying for the street bond project in Wards one and two.
• Approved the expenditure of $5,850 to Mehlburger Brawley for engineering services on the 2012 Street Rehabilitation (wards one and two).
• Approved the expenditure of $7,366 to Xerox Corporation for the purchase of one WC 7535P copier. The expenses include maintenance and supplies cost.
• Approved the expenditure of $131,300.73 to CMS Willowbrook for Application No: one of the city hall project.
• Approved establishing a fee for wild, exotic or dangerous animals.
• Approved authorizing the Police Chief to close Graham Avenue (Highway 20) from Elliott Street to Adair Street on Dec. 6 for the Annual Christmas Parade.
• Approved adopting the new City of Pryor Creek Police and Procedure Manual with changes.
• Approved accepting the resignation of Rebecca Swofford from the library.
• Approved seeking applications to fill the vacant position created by the resignation of Rebecca Swofford from the library.
• Approved the promotion of Jeff Mitchell from police patrolman to police corporal at Range K, Step 4 (annual wage $42,290).
• Approved the promotion of Justin Couch from police corporal to police sergeant at Range L, Step 4 (annual wage $43,510).
• Approved the promotion of James Willyard from police corporal to police sergeant Range L, Step 4 (annual wage $43,510).
• Approved hiring Nate Reed to fill the vacant patrolman position at the police department at Range J, Step 1 (annual wage $30,467).
• Approved hiring Chuck Ward for the vacant patrolman position at the police department at Range J, Step 1 (annual wage $30,467).
• Approved hiring Trent Humphrey to fill the vacant patrolman position at the police department at Range J, Step 1 (annual wage $30,467).
• Approved the termination of Jade Henson from the City Clerk’s office.
• Approved hiring Samantha Williams to fill the vacant position in the City Clerk’s office from applications received at Range D, Step 1 (annual wage $26,978).
• Took no action with negotiations concerning the Fraternal Oder of the Police AFL-CIO/CLC Lodge No. 116 contract effective July 1 through June 30, 2013.
• Approved allowing the city attorney to proceed with defence against McGrew Air Conditioning, Inc.
• Approved allowing the city attorney to investigate a tort claim notice regarding Kylle Creekmore.
• Heard from Kathy Lavalley regarding fundraising efforts for the Rockin’ G Animal Shelter. Lavalley told the council the shelter had recently lost transport funding and to collect funds the shelter volunteers were putting donation jars in businesses around the town and would be soliciting donations until Dec. 25.
The next regularly scheduled meeting of the Pryor City Council is 6 p.m. Nov. 20 at Pryor City Hall.