PRYOR, OK —
The Salvation Army volunteers will soon kick off the bell-ringing season. Due to some cancellations, bell ringers are urgently needed for Nov. 29 and Nov. 30.
Bell ringers will be stationed outside the doors at Walmart in Pryor each weekend from Thanksgiving to Christmas.
They will be raising money to fund the Mayes County Salvation Army projects for the next year. All money raised during the Christmas season stays in Mayes County to help pay for emergency rent, utilities, fuel or prescriptions for county residents.
During the first 10 months of this year, Salvation Army has helped 625 individuals in 227 families with a total of $25,969 in emergency help. The next two months are among the busiest.
Salvation Army also provided window air conditioners for low income elderly and families with young, ill children.
As part of Mayes County’s emergency disaster response, Salvation Army provided help for families affected by the April tornado in Spavinaw, including replacing roofs on two homes.
Other funding for Salvation Army activities comes from Mayes County United Way, AEP/PSO and ONG.
Anyone interested in ringing the bell for Salvation Army should contact Jack Hardy at 918-373-0310 or Rick Elliott at 918-231-0337.
PRYOR, OK —
- Local News
- State Superintendent candidates talk education
- Getting ready for the big fish
- Water line a cold fix
- Local school hosts leadership symposium
- Convicted sex offender held on $500,000 bond
- Salina Chamber of Commerce receives funding to improve community
- Park exercise stations for adults
- Sharp Teacher of the Year
- Nepotism not mentioned in MESTA handbook
- Man arrested, using cocaine to treat pain
- More Local News Headlines