- Adair vet takes Honor Flight
- Foster parents needed
- Local Vet makes Honor Flight
- Local lived close to capture site
- How sweet it is; gun owners come to LG
- A 3-ring circus
- Bluestar Mother’s accepting donations
Slate: Why does everything taste like chicken?
At least once a week, someone tells me that some food other than chicken "tastes like chicken." People throw the analogy around constantly. Virtually any meat that is pale in color, firm in texture, and lacking a strong flavor is subjected to the chicken comparison.
- Father and son give lecture at NSU
Acupuncture can ease kids' pain
At age 17, Victoria Rust came down with pancreatitis, suffering waves of terrible pain that kept her hospitalized for much of last year. When the only medicine that was helping her caused stomach bleeding and had to be stopped, a doctor at Children's National Medical Center suggested an unconventional treatment: acupuncture.
- More Features Headlines