The music program at Rogers State University will hold auditions for scholarships for the upcoming 2013-2014 school year on Saturday, April 6.
Auditions for current and incoming RSU students will be held in the Baird Hall Performance Studio on the RSU Claremore campus beginning at 10 a.m. and will be arranged on a first-come, first served basis.
An accompanist will be on campus if needed; however, attendees may bring their own accompanist. Sight-reading will be included in both instrumental and vocal auditions.
Scholarships range from $400 to $1,200 per year in the form of a tuition waiver. Students who are awarded scholarships are asked to participate in one of RSU’s music ensembles for the entire academic year as a part of their obligation to the university.
The Rogers State University music program currently consists of four performing ensembles, Jazz Ensemble, Pep Band, and Choir and Concert Band. RSU also currently offers 13 credited courses in music including a minor in music.
Completed information about scholarships guidelines and an application form can be found online at www.rsu.edu/academics/fine-arts/music . For more information, contact Dr. Kirk J. Weller, RSU director of bands, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (918) 343-7723.
- State Superintendent candidates talk education
- PJHS Teacher of the Year
- Local school hosts leadership symposium
- Sharp Teacher of the Year
- Grant to enhance outdoor education
- MAIP pairs education with work
- Education superintendent forum set
- Culinary program aimed at cooking up fresher, tastier school meals
- Mullin supports tuition fairness act
- Jefferson Elementary receives a $2,000 grant
- More Education Headlines