Rogers State University will hold its annual Hillcamp orientation for new students July 13-14 at its Claremore campus.
Formerly a one-day affair, the event has been expanded to two days with an overnight stay on campus to better fulfill Hillcamp's mission of helping incoming students establish a strong foundation for their collegiate career.
New students will forge relationships by banding together in teams to participate in games and sessions designed to teach them about RSU and how to thrive in a university environment. Among other things, participants will learn how best to interact with faculty and how to navigate the financial world of a student. They will also find out about how to get involved in campus life and activities, learn important dates and more.
A $60 registration fee covers all meals, activities, lodging for the night and an official Hillcamp T-shirt.
To register or find out more information, call 918-343-7579 or visit www.rsu.edu/hillcamp. The deadline to register is July 1.
- State Superintendent candidates talk education
- PJHS Teacher of the Year
- Local school hosts leadership symposium
- Sharp Teacher of the Year
- Grant to enhance outdoor education
- MAIP pairs education with work
- Education superintendent forum set
- Culinary program aimed at cooking up fresher, tastier school meals
- Mullin supports tuition fairness act
- Jefferson Elementary receives a $2,000 grant
- More Education Headlines