Several county FFA members have been selected as a state finalists for proficiency awards
including Blaine Mibb, Adair, Equine Science Entrepreneurship; Ethan Propp, Adair, Beef Production Entrepreneurship; Garrett Yerigan, Pryor, Outdoor Recreation.
Three finalists are selected in 47 agricultural
proficiency award categories, and the state winner in each area will be announced during the 87th State FFA Convention to be held April 30 - May1 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
In addition to receiving a plaque and cash award, finalists will enjoy an honors luncheon with their sponsors. The Awards Luncheon is sponsored by Gilbert & Sons Trucking, Farm Credit Associations of Oklahoma, Triangle Cooperative Service Company, Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Agricultural Workers Mutual Auto Insurance Company and the Oklahoma Pork Council.
The state winner in each area will represent Oklahoma in the national FFA competition this fall
in Louisville, Ky.
- House calls for citizen input
- Give the gift of warmth at Lincoln's Christmas Extravaganza
- Gov. issues executive order on academic standards
- Website encourages public transportation use in Okla.
- Pryor High School class of 1963
- Medicare counselors help consumers
- NTC sets Punkin Chunkin world record
- Locals attend education conference
- Choir in Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade
- Petition circulating to fund storm shelters
- More Education Headlines