Several county FFA members have been selected as a state finalists for proficiency awards
including Blaine Mibb, Adair, Equine Science Entrepreneurship; Ethan Propp, Adair, Beef Production Entrepreneurship; Garrett Yerigan, Pryor, Outdoor Recreation.
Three finalists are selected in 47 agricultural
proficiency award categories, and the state winner in each area will be announced during the 87th State FFA Convention to be held April 30 - May1 at the Cox Convention Center in Oklahoma City.
In addition to receiving a plaque and cash award, finalists will enjoy an honors luncheon with their sponsors. The Awards Luncheon is sponsored by Gilbert & Sons Trucking, Farm Credit Associations of Oklahoma, Triangle Cooperative Service Company, Chesapeake Energy Corporation, Agricultural Workers Mutual Auto Insurance Company and the Oklahoma Pork Council.
The state winner in each area will represent Oklahoma in the national FFA competition this fall
in Louisville, Ky.
- State Superintendent candidates talk education
- PJHS Teacher of the Year
- Local school hosts leadership symposium
- Sharp Teacher of the Year
- Grant to enhance outdoor education
- MAIP pairs education with work
- Education superintendent forum set
- Culinary program aimed at cooking up fresher, tastier school meals
- Mullin supports tuition fairness act
- Jefferson Elementary receives a $2,000 grant
- More Education Headlines