I recently returned to my hometown of Ada, OK after spending three days and nights in Pryor attending the annual Rocklahoma Music Festival.
Having attended music festivals in Tennessee (Bonnaroo) and Louisiana (New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival) many times, I was anxious to attend Rocklahoma for the first time and share the experience with my 15-year old son.
And we were not disappointed. It was fun times, fun music and meeting people who were even more fun.
I know an undertaking of this magnitude is not easy and planning begins many, many months in advance. For that reason, I wanted to write and say kudos to the city of Pryor, its police department, the Mayes County Sheriff’s office, all fire and medical personnel, and organizers, workers and volunteers for the event. I believe all of you came together to offer a wonderful and welcoming production to all of us strangers to your fair city.
Michael L. Wingo
- Govern locally and protect liberty
- Letter to the Editor: Disgruntled employee
- Letter to the Editor: "The Book Thief"
- Letter to the Editor: Same sex marriage
- Facts about Delaware and Mayes Counties
- Celebrating an inspiring year in Oklahoma
- How to write to us
- TV or not TV, that is the question
- Thanks, Oklahoma!
- Looking past Thanksgiving
- More Opinion Headlines