Snow continues to fall in the Appalachian Mountains thanks to superstorm Sandy, leaving an estimated 150,000 people without power.
- Points of Interest
Worried hairdresser spurs rescue of elderly client
She never missed her weekly hair appointment. So, when the 82-year-old woman didn't show up for her regular 3 p.m. appointment at a hair salon in Marblehead, Mass., last Thursday, Lisa Buswell called the house. There was no answer.
4 dead in possible suicide pact, sheriff says
Police believe the four people found dead in a car in rural northern Alabama were killed by one another in either a suicide pact or murder-suicide.
Study: Two percent of counties produce most executions
Sixty-two jurisdictions prosecuted the majority of criminals executed in the United States in recent decades, according to a new study.
- Today in history 12-06-2012
- Christmas tale will make you a believer
- Today in history 11-29-2012
- Today in history 11-27-2012
- Book is good, bad and impossible to put down
- What is a coot?
- Waterfowl dates and information
- More Points of Interest Headlines
- Worried hairdresser spurs rescue of elderly client